Thursday, January 7, 2010

Marriage Counseling - How can I tell if my spouse is having an affair?

Below are lists of things that your spouse may say or do if they are having an affair. Even if they say and do all of these things on the list, it doesn’t guarantee they are having an affair. It does however mean that the two of you should sit down and have an open and honest conversation.

Things that unfaithful Spouse’s often say:
1. I’m just not in love with you anymore.
2. I don’t know that I have ever been in love with you.
3. I need my space and privacy, maybe we should think about a separation.
4. I need to find myself.
5. I’m confused about my feelings.
6. Right now I don’t feel I can be in a relationship with anyone.
7. I just need to get to know myself.

Things that unfaithful spouse’s often do.
1. Stay out late.
2. Don’t want to answer where they have been or who they have been with.
3. Act secretive with cell phone and computer. (Password Protected)
4. Suddenly stopped going to Church.
5. Withdrawn and moody (private).
6. Get angry easily.
7. Don’t show as much interest in the kids
8. Change in Sexual interest ( Not interested in sex anymore)
9. Unaccounted for withdrawal of money from your accounts.
10. Sudden out of town trips.

While these signs may indicate potential problems, it is very important to talk about what you are noticing. Any of the items on the two above lists can make a marriage vulnerable for an affair even if one has not yet started.

Your spouse may be withdrawing for reasons other than an affair. Having an open an honest discussion can be the start of the road back to closeness.

If talking with your spouse does not start to repair the distance between the two of you, then Marriage Counseling might be indicated.

Even if there is an admission of adultery there is hope. Eighty-five percent of the couples that come to us have experience adultery. Ninety percent of those couples walk away committed to their marriages.

A marriage can not only survive and affair, but it can become even stronger. Not because of the affair, but because of the work the couple does to create a newer and stronger marriage.

About Marriage Rescue Associates Marriage Counseling

With over 23 years of experience, Marriage Rescue Associates have discovered many effective methods for helping couples restore their family and marriages. As Christian Marriage Counselors, Marriage Rescue Associates can help construct solutions to rekindle love and rebuild trust that has been torn down by endless conflict, indifference, and unmet needs.

Don’t let your marriage or family become another statistic when you can actually do something to change it.Seek out Marriage Counseling from an experienced Marriage Counselor that understands your situation and makes you feel comfortable with them.

Visit us online at www.marriagerescue.org

No comments:

Post a Comment